How to participate in an NKD endorsement vote
You must be an NKD member (paid your dues & attended 2 meetings or events in the last 12 months) to vote to endorse a candidate. You may pay dues here. Get in touch if you have questions about your status!
If you’re a member in good standing but are unable to attend the meeting, you may vote by proxy – here’s how:
- You may ask someone who will be attending the meeting to serve as your proxy
- A meeting attendee is only permitted to serve as a proxy for one member
- In order to cast a vote as someone’s proxy, when you arrive at the meeting, you must show the folks staffing the ballot table written verification of that member’s consenting to you serving as their proxy. Such verification may be handwritten or in the form of a text message or email. It must be time-stamped before 7 PM on Thursday, June 11.
- Upon presenting your verification, you will be provided with an additional ballot, which you must fill out according to the wishes of the person for whom you're serving as a proxy
- Need help finding a proxy? Email email@example.com and we'll help.
NKD will be making an endorsement in the Assemblymember Race in Assembly District 43 at our June 11 meeting.
NKD reached out to Jesse Hamilton but did not receive a response.
For our most recent endorsements, see NKD's Recent Endorsements.